Welcome to the University of Pittsburgh Sports Medicine Fellowship Program!
The Fellowship provides learning experiences in a state of the art medical and sports performance facility from a dynamic sports medicine team led by world renowned Orthopaedic surgeons. The four pillars of the education program are the clinical rotations, didactic program, sports medicine coverage, and research.
Quotes from previous fellow
So many good things about fellowship year! Some of my favorites...
- Countless education opportunities from weekly inter-disciplinary sports conference, MSK radiology rounds, Monday night labs and lectures, journal clubs, courses and conferences,... the list goes on.
- Lots of "team bonding" opportunities like dinners, sporting events, and who could forget fellow boot-camp (aka. Thursday morning work-outs)! The best way to get back into pre-residency shape and meet lots of cool people along the way.
- High volume of high level cases with two rooms on nearly every OR day. Never a shortage of learning opportunities and things to do!
- The fellowship program and leadership is genuinely concerned about fellow well-being. They actively seek out feedback and are very responsive to suggestions for change and improvements.
- The best part about the fellowship program is becoming part of the Pitt community. You'll meet brilliant clinicians and scientists from around the world that will become your friends and network - an invaluable resource to tap into as you start and progress in your orthopedic career.
Volker Musahl, MD
University of Pittsburgh
UPMC Rooney Sports Complex
3200 S Water St
Shoulder, Knee, Hip, Elbow
Team Coverage Level
High School, College, Major League
Team Coverage Sports
Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Other
Gymnastics, Volleyball, Swimming & Diving, LaCrosse
View program page
Return to Fellowship Search