Thank you for your interest in Active Membership.
To be eligible for active membership, you must:
- Be a medical or osteopathic doctor
- Have completed an orthopaedic surgery residency
- Practice or reside in the continent of North America
- Be certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, the American Osteopathic Association, or the Consejo Mexicano de Orthopedia
To submit your application, you will need to upload the following files:
- A personal statement (<500 words) detailing your interest in and potential contributions to AANA.
- A current CV
- Proof of board-certification
- Two completed Sponsorship Forms (PDF). (Visit our Find A Sponsor page for more information)
Dues & Fees
- A $100 application fee will be collected when you submit your application.
- Annual dues for active members are currently $750 per year. You will be invoiced for your first year's dues upon your election to active membership at the Annual Meeting in the spring.
Obligations of Membership
To maintain your membership, you must:
- Pay your dues
- Adhere to all rules, regulations and criteria as outlined in AANA’s Bylaws
- Attend at least one AANA event within each three year period:
- Annual Meeting
- Fall Course
- Lab Courses in the OLC