Arthroscopic and Open Shoulder: When and How to Treat Shoulder Pathology has transitioned to a virtual format. This online course offering focuses on shoulder techniques – from arthroscopy to arthroplasty, from the fundamentals to the most advanced techniques. This multi-format program features online didactics completed at your own pace, enhanced with a previously recorded webinar with expert Q&A and breakout sessions, surgical skills demonstrations and procedure videos, pre-recorded lecture presentations and more!
Earn the CME credits you need by completing the pre- and post-test, to confirm you have walked away with the refined skills you need in arthroscopic and open shoulder surgery.
The agenda includes content such as:
- Techniques for anterior and posterior instability
- Cuff controversies such as risk factors for rotator cuff tearing and repair failure
- What to accomplish when performing reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
- When and how to treat clavicle fractures
- When and how to plate, nail and reverse proximal humerus fractures
- Panels on instability, complex cuff, arthroplasty and fracture cases
- And more!
Full Agenda (PDF)
Jeffrey S. Abrams, M.D., Joaquin Sanchez Sotelo, M.D.
Grant E. Garrigues, M.D., Guido Marra, M.D.
Tito A. Barraez, M.D., Brian J. Cole, M.D., M.B.A., Bassem El Hassan, M.D., Nickolas G. Garbis, M.D., Robert J. Gillespie, M.D., Jonathan Godin, M.D., M.B.A., Rolando Izquierdo, M.D., Jay Keener, M.D., Tally E. Lassiter, M.D., M.H.A., Evan S. Lederman, M.D., Jonathan Levy, M.D., Augustus D. Mazzocca, M.D., Peter J. Millett, M.D., M.Sc., Gregory P. Nicholson, M.D., Reza Omid, M.D., Dane Salazar, M.D., Benjamin W. Sears, M.D., Paul Sethi, M.D., Lewis L. Shi, M.D., Umasuthan Srikumaran, M.D., M.B.A., Nikhil N. Verma, M.D., Brian R. Waterman, M.D.
At the completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Learn the most advanced arthroscopic instability repair surgery techniques utilizing didactic lectures, live demonstrations and cadaver lab training to cover the management of soft tissue and bony causes of shoulder instability.
- Master arthroscopic management of rotator cuff disease, from basic mobilization and fixation techniques to advanced tendon transfers and superior capsular reconstruction using dermal allograft.
- Grasp the latest shoulder arthroplasty techniques, including anatomic and reverse prostheses, in the management of shoulder arthritis with and without glenoid deformity.
- Become familiar with the complications of arthroscopic and open shoulder surgery and the latest methods to identify and manage untoward outcomes of surgery.
- Understand the variety of treatment options for proximal humerus fractures and when to employ each option.
Available CME credits: 9.00