AANA Safe Strides™
Measures to keep you safe. Meetings to keep you learning.
Download the PDF
The world is a different place now. While cleanliness and sanitation were always important, especially in a medical environment, measures taken to ensure safety have significantly increased. AANA and the Orthopaedic Learning Center (OLC)’s top priority is to keep you safe while you pursue your surgical learning requirements. We want you to continue delivering the best care to your patients by receiving cutting-edge and innovative education that sharpens your skills and closes knowledge gaps. Therefore, we have developed and implemented the following AANA Safe Strides initiative so you can stay safe while advancing the scope.
- Adjusting course formats to assist with social distancing.
- Moving to an online waiver process.
- Staggering pick-up times for materials to reduce desk population.
- Providing individual attendee bags with materials.
- Sanitizing tablets if required and ensuring they have protective packaging.
- Offering individual boxed lunches instead of buffet-style meals.
- Developing an actionable crisis communication plan.
- Providing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) for the lab and auditorium spaces.
- Adhering to the recommendations outlined in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s Emerging Pathogen Policy.
- Participating in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections by compliance officers.
- Cleaning day and night using hospital-grade disinfectants.
- AANA and OLC Staff wearing single-use PPE.
- Having an infectious disease preparedness and response plan in place.
- Posting visible codes, signs and labels to alert of potential hazards.
- Safely maintaining and cleaning equipment and tools in the facility.
- Providing ongoing safety training to all employees.
- Establishing several alcohol-based hand sanitization stations located throughout the OLC.
- Using disposable disinfectant wipes to clean routinely used surfaces.