The 2021 Research Grant Application is now open! Submit yours by December 4, 2020.
The AANA Research Committee distributes grants for clinical or basic science research in the field of arthroscopic surgery or disorders amenable to arthroscopic treatment. The AANA Education Foundation provides funding up to $100,000 in grant support. Fund amounts may vary depending on need and quality of work submitted.
The criteria for evaluation are:
- Scientific Validity
- Clinical Relevance
- Ability to Complete
For the 2021 grant year, the AANA Research Committee will be giving special consideration to research applications focused on the following Level 1 research areas:
- Arthroscopic meniscectomy vs. physical therapy
- Superior Capsular Reconstruction (SCR) vs. primary rotator cuff repair (complete or partial)
- MPFL reconstruction vs. physical therapy
- Bankart + remplissage vs. Bankart repair
- Tenx vs. open tennis debridement for lateral epicondylitis
- Arthroscopic Extensor Carpi Radialis Brevis (ECRB) release vs. open debridement
- Tendon debridement (patella, peroneal, quad) vs. physical therapy
- Arthroscopic labral reconstruction (hip)
The AANA Research Committee will also be giving special consideration to the following general research areas:
- Studies on patient outcomes with a minimum follow-up of five years on each participant
- Comparative, prospective or randomized studies on:
- Hip capsular management
- Shoulder bone loss management
- Rotator cuff patch and/or SCR augmentation
- Knee ALL or LET augmentation
- Biologics and injection therapies:
- for osteoarthritis
- for soft tissue pathology
- as an adjunct to surgery
Review the Submission Guidelines (PDF) and submit your application by December 4, 2020.
View past recipients of AANA's research grant program.
Questions? Please contact Travis Whitaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.