Distinguished Arthroscopy Leader (D.A.L.)
(Example: Paul Caldwell, M.D., D.A.L.)
The AANA Designation Program is an opportunity for AANA Active members to add another prestigious credential to their signatures and be a part of an elite group of leaders in arthroscopy. Communicate to your peers and patients that you are a Distinguished Arthroscopy Leader and have set yourself apart through involvement, education and advancement.
- Five years of continuous AANA membership as of the D.A.L. application submission date.*
- Unrestricted medical license(s).
- Board certified.
- Application fee $350 (non-refundable).
- Must meet six total qualifications, with at least one from both categories listed below; all within the past five years of the D.A.L. application submission date.
- Leadership position or participation in AANA, AANA committees or AANA Board of Directors.
- Local or community leadership position or activities.
- Hospital or practice leadership position.
- Held a leadership position with another medical society.
- Leadership or participation in the AANA Education Foundation.
- Military or government leadership position.
- Demonstrated medical volunteerism.
- Active involvement in teaching or mentoring activities.
- Research in arthroscopy.
- Publication in the AANA journal, web content or teaching materials.
- Education program development - print, live or digital.
- Faculty position for AANA or other education programs or meetings.
- Held a position for the AANA journal.
- Maintenance of Certification participation.
- Participation or attendance at three AANA live education events.
- Participation and claimed credits for three AANA CME-bearing products.
- Renewal fees are $100 every two years.
- A renewal application will be emailed to all D.A.L.s at the beginning of their renewal year.
*You must be an AANA Active Member to apply. If you would like to become a member, please click here.
If you have any questions, please contact AANA at email@example.com