The NEW AANA Mentorship Program is a valuable opportunity for both experienced surgeons and surgeons in residency or fellowship training to establish a unique partnership; to increase involvement and engagement in AANA; to connect with other surgeons in the arthroscopy community; and more, ultimately enhancing the future of orthopaedic surgery.
Benefits for AANA Active Members being a Mentor:
- Provides professional socialization skills.
- Strengthens teaching abilities.
- Enhances leadership qualities and offers a leadership opportunity (this can also count towards a qualification on the Distinguished Arthroscopy Leader application).
- Helps shape the leading surgeons of tomorrow through sharing knowledge.
Benefits for AANA Resident and Fellow Members being a Mentee:
- Offers opportunities to expand your professional and personal networks through communications with experts in the field.
- Increases self-confidence in the OR.
- Improves surgical skill-and-technique set.
- Provides support while in residency or fellowship training.