Visa & Passport Requirements
A foreign national traveling to the United States for tourism needs a Visitor Visa (B-2) unless qualifying for entry under the Visa Waiver Program.
Tips for Successful Visa Application
- Letter of invitation from the meeting organizer. Letters can be requested by sending the following information to email@example.com with the subject “Visa Letter Request”.
- Date of birth:
- Address: Phone:
- Passport No:
- Date of Issue:
- Date of Expiry:
- When possible, provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, society membership and/or meeting registration.
- Visa applicants are expected to provide evidence that they intend to return to their country of residence. Therefore, applicants should provide proof of binding or sufficient ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. Visa applications are more likely to be successful if done in the visitor's home country.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of their visa application.
- All applicants must be able to qualify for a visa on their own merits under the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- Locate your US Embassy/Consulate
- Frequently Asked Questions