2021 Resident Scholarship Application is now open! Submit yours by December 15, 2020.
Due to COVID-19, recipients of the 2020 Resident Scholarship will be rolling over to 2021. AANA will be awarding an additional five Resident Scholarships for AANA21.
Residents: A new Resident/Fellow Track is being added to AANA21, featuring dedicated sessions, Resident/Fellow paper presentations, keynote lectures and more! Stay tuned for more information.
AANA will award scholarships for Orthopaedic Residents to attend the AANA Annual Meeting. PGY3, PGY4 or PGY5 Orthopaedic Residents residing in the U.S., Canada or Mexico during the 2020–21 academic year and who have an interest in arthroscopic surgery are encouraged to apply.
This is an exclusive opportunity to attend the AANA Annual Meeting; learn more about the latest arthroscopic techniques and trends; and network with leading educators and surgeons in the field. The scholarship includes:
- Comped registration to the AANA Annual Meeting and Resident/Fellow Track
- Two ICL’s of your choice
- $500 in travel reimbursement to defray lodging and transportation costs
- Be an Orthopaedic Resident in their third, fourth or fifth year of training (excluding time spent in research)
- Be enrolled in a training program located in the U.S., Canada or Mexico
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for and have a sincere interest in arthroscopic surgery
- Be in good academic standing
- Obtain recommendation from his/her orthopaedic training program director
- Application form and supportive material must be received by December 15, 2020. Incomplete applications or applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Write a personal statement (cannot exceed 500 words) describing your interest in arthroscopic surgery, what you hope to learn from the experience and how you will share what you've learned.
- Ask your orthopaedic training program director to write a letter of recommendation for you detailing your interest in arthroscopic surgery and upload as part of your application.
- Complete the application and submit your CV, personal statement and letter of recommendation as part of the application.
The Resident Scholarship program is funded by the AANA Education Foundation with generous donations from individuals and corporations.
If you have any questions, please contact Becca Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org.