2021 Resident Scholarship Application opening soon!
Due to COVID-19, recipients of the 2020 Resident Scholarship will be rolling over to 2021. AANA will be awarding an additional five Resident Scholarships for AANA21.
The Arthroscopy Association of North America will award scholarships for Orthopaedic Residents to attend the AANA Annual Meeting. U.S., Canadian and Mexican Orthopaedic Residents who are PGY3, PGY4, PGY5 during the 2020–21 academic year and who have an interest in arthroscopic surgery are encouraged to apply.
This is an opportunity to attend the AANA Annual Meeting, learn more about arthroscopic surgery, and network with leading arthroscopic educators and surgeons. The scholarship includes:
- Comped registration to the Annual Meeting and Resident/Fellows Track
- Two ICL’s of your choice
- $500 in travel reimbursement to defray lodging and transportation costs
Applicant must be an orthopaedic surgery resident in their third, fourth or fifth year of training (excluding time spent in research), in the US, Canada or Mexican training program, demonstrate enthusiasm for and have a sincere interest in arthroscopic surgery, be in good academic standing and obtain recommendation from his/her orthopaedic training program director.
- Application form and supportive material must be received by November 16, 2020. Incomplete applications or those received after this date will not be considered.
- Write a personal statement (not to exceed 500 words) describing your interest in arthroscopic surgery, what you hope to learn from the experience, and how you will share what you've learned.
- Ask your orthopaedic training program director to write a letter of recommendation for you detailing your interest in arthroscopic surgery and upload as part of your application.
- Complete application along with CV and personal statement as part of the application.
The Resident Scholarship Program is funded by the AANA Education Foundation with generous donations from individuals and corporations.
If you have any questions, please contact Isabelle Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.