As part of a new strategic plan that will be executed this year, AANA has refined its mission and vision statements to reflect the organization’s goals today and in the future. The mission statement is refocused to position AANA as the the leading voice for education, surgical skills and assessment, practice management and research as it relates to arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgery.
The 2023-2026 strategic plan involves four key areas: Education, Research, Practice Management and Membership. Each area involves the following operations:
Education: AANA will be the leading organization delivering surgical skills and assessment for arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgery.
- Advanced market research and competitive analysis.
- Product portfolio assessment and audit.
- Further develop collaborative education ventures.
- Explore innovative education delivery methods.
Practice Management: AANA will be a recognized provider of practice management and leadership tools as they related to orthopaedic practice.
- Translation of research outcomes into practice.
- Positively impact billing and reimbursement.
- Increase participation in and support advocacy initiatives.
- Identify critical resources to support business development.
Research: AANA will be recognized as an association that supports research and scholarly activity as it relates to the science of arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgery.
- Develop operational structure for managing research activities.
- Create robust project plans for managing research initiatives.
- Explore innovative research initiatives.
Membership: AANA will be the organization of choice for arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgery.
- Determine membership growth potential and identify success targets.
- Customize recruitment efforts.
- Clearly define AANA’s role in the advancement of orthopaedics
- Maximize Future Scope through demonstration of impact and roadmap of engagement.
By delivering on the four key areas above, AANA will fulfill its refined vision statement: to be the global leader driving innovation for arthroscopy, minimally invasive surgery and patient care for optimal outcomes.