Advanced Knee Lab Course highlights (click to change video):
When: June 12–14, 2020
Where: The Orthopaedic Learning Center (OLC) - Rosemont, IL 60018
Learn the latest knee ligament, meniscus, articular cartilage and osteotomy techniques when you attend AANA’s Advanced Knee Lab Course. This interactive training experience will provide a robust agenda using a variety of formats that include didactic lectures, case-based panels, surgical demos and non-CME Industry Presentations. Featuring numerous opportunities to engage with and learn from experts in the field, this course is a learning must for practicing arthroscopic knee surgeons.
Course highlights include:
- State-of-the-art concepts in meniscus resection, repair, replacement and transplantation.
- Current approaches to ACL repair and reconstruction.
- Revision ACL surgery, and how to get it right the second time.
- The latest ALL and LET techniques.
- Surgical pearls to manage complex multiligament injuries.
- Patellofemoral instability and osteotomies, and how to make osteotomies easy.
- Practical and advanced articular cartilage biorestoration techniques.
- New frontiers in orthobiologics, cell therapy and biological injections.
- Complex concomitant knee reconstruction.
- And more!
Spots fill up quickly - secure your seat today!
Kevin D. Plancher, M.D., M.P.H.
Nicholas A. Sgaglione, M.D.
Robert E. Hunter, M.D.
John C. Richmond, M.D.
NEW! Early Careerist (Within 5 Years of Residency/Fellowship Completion)
Member Rate: $1,999
Non-Member Rate: $1,999
Military Rate: $1,999
Advanced Lab Courses were designed with the whole surgical team in mind. Physician attendees are strongly encouraged to bring their PA, NP, RN, or other support staff. There is no better way to prepare for real-world OR situations than to train together.
Please log-in or create an account to register for this event.
At the completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Comprehend current controversies in primary and revision intra- and extra-articular ligament reconstruction including the variation of contemporary technique options available today.
- Understand current meniscus and joint preservation strategies and techniques including controversial decision-making surrounding in-season athletes thru root tears in older patients.
- Formulate appropriate treatment algorithms in the management of articular cartilage defects and pathology as well as to learn the latest surgical technique options available to address these problems.
AANA Mobile App
This course will be available for participants to download at least 1 week prior to the course start date on the AANA Mobile app. It is available on Android, iOS, and Amazon Kindle.
The primary target audience for Advanced Knee Lab Course is AANA members and other healthcare professionals who desire to improve their arthroscopic knowledge, competence, performance, and patient outcomes.
Statement of Need
AANA has determined the need for this live educational activity based on identifying professional practice gaps, previous course evaluations and the AANA Self-Assessment Examination. The educational content of this activity was based upon current issues and topics provided by AANA Planning Committees and Membership.
Continuing Medical Education/Credit Designation
The Arthroscopy Association of North America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Arthroscopy Association of North America designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity may also help fulfill the Maintenance of Certification credit requirements mandated by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Travel and Hotel Information
All Advanced Lab Courses and Resident/Fellow courses are held at the OLC Education & Conference Center in Rosemont, IL.
Air Travel and Ground Transportation
Please fly into O'Hare International Airport (ORD). The Hampton Inn & Suites offers complimentary shuttle service from O'Hare International Airport.
Gant Travel is the official travel management company for AANA. Please identify yourself as an AANA Course participant. Gant Travel offers full mileage credit for frequent flyers.
Full Travel Information
For your convenience AANA has reserved a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare (9480 W. Higgins Road, Rosemont, IL 60018). The room rate is $144 per night plus tax (subject to change). Reservations can be made either online or over the phone, up to four weeks prior to the course.
Full Housing Information
Request for refunds, cancellation, or course transfer must be received in writing by the AANA office at least four weeks prior to the start of the course. Visit our Lab Courses Policies page for full details.
For other questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Course content and faculty subject to change.