Date: August 17–19, 2018
Location: The Orthopaedic Learning Center (OLC) in Rosemont, IL
8th Annual SOMOS/AANA Advanced Arthroscopy Course
Advanced Shoulder Arthroscopy: Optimizing Care of the "Military Athlete"
- SOMOS Military Orthopaedic Surgeons Only
- Registration is complimentary
- Travel and housing will be provided
AANA shoulder courses are a two day intense program designed to provide cutting edge, hands-on techniques of the latest arthroscopic surgical techniques. A combination of lecture and hands-on lab demystify many arthroscopic shoulder procedures. Live demonstrations further clarify procedures. Experienced faculty are present to help guide you to achieve your goals. Practice all of the proven reconstruction techniques and become comfortable with new ones.
View Course Agenda (PDF)
- Identify techniques and indications, and explore current procedures for complex and common pathologies
- Apply refined arthroscopic shoulder surgical skills to improve surgical decision making and to use for diagnosis and appropriate management of certain disorders of the shoulder.
- Discuss rehabilitation paradigms and critical importance for surgical outcomes
Participants will be partnered depending on skill level given on their Skills Assessment they submitted to AANA. At the end of the course, the participant will dissect the specimen to review the anatomy and evaluate the procedures performed.
Priority for selection
- Practicing military orthopaedic surgeons at non-teaching military training facilities who are current in their SOMOS membership, are within 3 years of residency graduation, and have attended a SOMOS Annual Meeting within the past 3 years.
- Practicing military orthopaedic surgeons at non-teaching military training facilities who are current in their SOMOS membership and have attended the SOMOS Annual Meeting within the past 5 years.
- PGY–4 or 5 Residents upon recommendation of their program director.
This course is made possible by generous grants from the Arthroscopy Association of North America Education Foundation.